This broccoli cheddar frittata makes planning for brunch or a weeknight dinner easier than ever. Whip it up, put it in the oven and go do something else. In 20-30 minutes, you have a healthy, delicious, protein and veggie-packed meal. I’m a big fan of this crustless quiche dish because you’ve already covered your green veggies for the meal in this dish – you don’t even have to make a salad. Eggs, broccoli and cheddar cheese complement each other not only in terms of flavor but also nutrition. I’ve always been interested in food pairings that boost nutrition and I enjoy reading about them. Broccoli is rich in Vitamin C, which helps with the absorption of nutrients like Vitamin D from the eggs.
You can pair this frittata with toast and a spicy soup like this one or even a tomato-based pasta like this one. Bonus: if you make a big batch or have leftovers of your broccoli cheddar frittata, it keeps well in the fridge for breakfast the next morning! Just leave a slice out for 30 minutes to come to room temperature or microwave for a few seconds if you prefer. This recipe is gluten-free and keto-friendly.
If you make this healthy veggie frittata, I’d love to hear what you think! Leave a comment below or get in touch on Instagram @theindiaedition.
- 100g or 1½ cup broccoli florets
- 3-4 tbsp cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 eggs
- 80ml or ⅓ cup milk of your choice
- ¼ tsp salt or to taste
- A pinch of garlic powder
- Crushed red pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil to coat the dish
- Preheat the oven to 375F (190C).
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, milk, garlic powder and salt together until combined and frothy.
- Place the broccoli in boiling water for a minute, then drain the water.
- Coat a baking dish (7-8 inches) with olive oil. Layer the broccoli in the baking dish.
- Pour in the egg mixture and sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Bake on the middle rack at 375F for 25-30 minutes or until a knife comes out clean when inserted in the frittata. Different ovens behave differently, so check on your frittata at the 20 minute mark.